Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government Shutdown, Niaya's Meltdown.


The government has shut down today and on top of that, I'm realizing everyday that I'm one day closer to graduating which lets me know one thing, I have this fear of not being successful. I say that because all I've known for about 13 years of life is school. You go, you come back, and you do homework and turn it in. Rinse and repeat. Well, after graduation...what do I do then? Don't get me wrong, your girl IS going to grad school, but I have to get my money up, which means I have to work, which means I won't be in school for a while. I'm so scared that I'll be a statistic, well everyone is a statistic, but I don't want to be a bad one. The reason why I start this post about the government is because it really scares me to see the world in so much financial unrest months before I'm going to be thrust out into the world with no manual and I'm suppose to roll with the economic punches. I'm scared. I'm very scared. I don't like America, and if I could, I'd move in a heartbeat. But since I'm stuck here, with my 12,000$ in loans, I'm sure I'm going nowhere anytime soon. Why does being a grown up scare the life out of me. Next semester I'm supposed to take 5 classes and sometimes I want to just take 3 and stay an extra semester.

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Faith,

    I understand your frustration totally, yet I see this talented human that is fierce beyond measure. Many of your peers haven't thought about what this could mean for them after college, and here you are stressing. I believe that you can make something out of nothing and will be the statistic that made it happen even through the rough seasons of life. Also take matters into your own hands and think about being your own boss. While it does come with a lot, you have what it takes to control your destiny. Lol. Please graduate on time and let the world know who Niaya is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really stress, but I know that I am a strong person with a lot of support.

      Delete
  2. I like both yours and Shnydine's posts. I'm sure everyone fears something but you have to have faith so that you can keep moving forward. Life is hard but it can be rewarding and you can have joy despite trials and tribulations.

    Although most of your writing was clean and concise, you had a couple of typos. Make sure you proof/preview before you publish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand where you are coming from with this. The responsibilities associated with getting older can be overwhelming at times. The key thing is to remain calm and confident in your own strength. You have the tools to accomplish whatever you set your mind to it just takes focus and hard work. Before you know it you will be handling these responsibilities as an adult rather than stressing about becoming one.

    ReplyDelete