Sunday, October 13, 2013

Senior RA at BSUHC2k13 during pre-midterm week


This week was homecoming week, and it rained and rained and rained. I was not really feeling like doing much of anything, but my life has so many obligations. I didn't go to most of the homecoming events because I just felt like "I'm a senior, I've been to this three times before, and it’s not that exciting." On top of that, I work 16 hours a week for my internship and 7 mandatory hours as an RA. Those 7 hours may not seem like a lot, but add in the waking up at 3am to open someone's door just to get up again at 8am to get to your internship that is from 9 to 4:30 pm. Frustrating. So, make that 7 mandatory hours plus about 10 "float" hours where you have to be in the area, or typing up reports, or filling out some sort of paper work. Then, just to make things better it's pre midterm week, and for me that means studying for the actual midterm week. So, let's see, 16 hours of internship, 17 hours of resident assisting, being up at 3 am, studying for midterms and homecoming drama. Phew!
But one thing I can say about homecoming is, I went to the step show/after party. Let me back track, for the last year I've been feeling like the "old" friend or the replaced friend because apparently I can't keep up. I've been left behind, no considered, not invited or not included because my priorities have changed and some of my friend’s priorities are different than mine. So I haven't been out in awhile. But this after party was amazing. It's me and my right hand, Kierra, and we are bringing back memories from freshman year where we used to go HARD at parties, grabbing all the attention. Me and her danced till we sweated off our makeup. She was drunk and I wasn't, but I got this high from seeing how many people I could dance with (without hurting myself). Kierra was taking pictures and for the sake of my grade I won't post them, but it was awesome to feel like the best friend again. It was awesome to feel like a freshman in college again.
But as I type this, I'm thinking about the incident report I have to write for residence life, and the flop of a customer service week for my internship that I personally planned due to the rain, and the 4 midterms I have. I float down from my party cloud and plop back on to my bed, covered in papers, watching Roseanne, and a heating pad for my old, partied out, back. I fear that I'll be not considered again because of these things, but anything for that diploma I guess. It's tough being a senior RA at the BSUHC2k13 during pre-midterm week.

1 comment:

  1. I do not envy your life lol. it sounds complex but you seem like you manage to keep up. I live a similar lifestyle having an internship and another job but it is not as demanding as that of an RA. I commend you all for the work that you do and keep it up because you guys are an important part of residence life here on campus.

    ReplyDelete